Friday, April 13, 2007

Stars of the Night

Walking out of MacD earlier the night, I looked up into the skies hoping for some stars. I need to see some stars, I need to see some light from above that flickers just more than light but hope, I need some shining things from above that reminds me that God is still there, available for help and always there to hear me when I cry to him.

But then there were just no skies. Head facing upwards straight towards the heavens, eyes looking up and ahead into the skies, there were just no stars at all. Not a single light, not a single shining star, not a single glimpse of flickering stars. All that there was were nothing more than just raindrops that fell unto the glasses of my spectacles.

Tears mixed in the raindrops, I couldn't make out either. I just know that I missed the stars, simply because when the stars were once shining I never took the time to look up and appreciate it.

Now that I need it the most, it's gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

heY joash,
you know, doesn't mean that when not a single star can be seen means that it is not there. they are probably hidden behind clouds where no naked eyes can find them. you may need to strain your eyes to actually see them.

just like God. though the sky may seem dark and empty, though it may seem as if He ain't there when you call upon Him from the depths of your heart, know deep down that He is there no matter what the situation for He never forsake any one of us despite our failures and weaknesses.

He is just standing a distance away looking down on you. He hears your every cry, knows your every tear, seen your every struggle, felt your every hurt.

you don't need the stars to remind you that He is there. i know that you know deep down in you He is always there. search deeper within and you shall find Him.

take care!
^______^

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.