Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Looking into the Mirror

Sometimes the mirror ain't the best thing to look at, coz there are times that you just don't wanna face yourself.

True?

The times when you feel like you're a total ass - over some real lousy things you did; the times when you feel like you're just totally useless - for not being able to comfort a friend that you love; the times when you feel that you're never not good enough - after some people that 'mattered' to you rejected you..

And sometimes, the mirror confuses you. It does for me, you?

I look into the mirror, see myself and yet not see myself. Asking, what am I? Who am I really? What do I do now to make people happy?

Amazingly, those other times where it neither makes me feel worse or confused, it makes me better.

To reveal weaknesses on my outer appearance, and work to rectify it - though in vain most of the time. Putting light on what needs to be done to look better. Giving me opportunities to improve on the way I smile, the way I tuck my shirt, or which tie would suit my shirt better.

The same thing that makes us better, could be the same thing that makes us worse. The very stuff that puts a tear in our eye, could well be the very thing that carves a smile over our face.

1 comment:

CiCak said...

The human mind is an amazing thing, isn't it? Two people can look at the exact same thing and see entirely different things.

Sounds like you've learned to look for the right thing. I for one hope you never have to learn it again.

Cheers