Sunday, December 31, 2006

Dreams in a Letter

Dear Lord:

It's been a year gone now, and I've grown up by another 365 days Lord. It's been a long year Lord, I've went through so much in such short period of time, I've been tasted the fires of hell and have seen the beauty of heaven, and Lord I am tired and weary. My physical state may sustain me another 60 years, but my mental and spiritual state are weary.

But Lord, what is a year to you? What are 365 days to you? Nothing but a glimpse of the eye, a blink of time, a snap of the finger.

Lord, what is my mental and spiritual weariness compared to your amazing grace and your love? What is my tired state compared to the strength that you can give me, your joy and your perseverance?

I wished to be more acceptable in the eyes of man: taller, smarter, more handsome, more cool.

I wished to be recognised.

I wished to be looked up to.

I wished Lord and I came to you earlier with a shopping list of what I wanted you to make me, but Lord, I am sorry for being so self-centered, forgetting that it was you who created me and not me who made you create me. I am not a factory product that could be customised, I was your creation and I am your child.

Lord, I now wish to be more acceptable in your eyes, not to be smarter or anything but to be more faithful a servant to you, that in all that I do you will find my works glorifying to your name.

Lord, in the year ahead, even if You allow me to go through more problems or disasters, I won't withdraw nor complain Lord, but in all of that I pray that you will show me your ways and your light at the end of the tunnels that I will walk through. That in my despair you will reveal your mercy, in my troubles you will show me your grace, that you will guide and lead me in all that I do.

Lord, I wished that I could get a girlfriend to love me. But Lord, in the year ahead, teach me to first love the people that you've placed all around me not for any other reason but that they'll be able to see You through me, your humble servant. That your love will become real in their lives through the hands of your servant, that I may become a channel of blessings to your creations.

In all that is going to happen next year, protect me not merely from physical blows but from the attacks of the heart, that Lord you'll guard my heart and my feelings. That I will hurt no more. I can't continue to be hurt by the people that I love with on my own strength, it hurts too much and the pain is too great, but let me love with your love and with your strength.

Lord, bless the people who have blessed me, and touch those who have not known you. Lord there are good people out there who are close to me and yet not known you, please Lord open up the doors of heaven that through your opened floodgate of heavens they will come to know you, that they will see your face and know that you are Lord.

Lord I may be tired, but as I seek refuge in you renew me with your spirit that I may run and not grow weary. It has been a long year, and it will be a longer year ahead, but I am ready to run it for you. After all Lord, I love you.

Thank you Lord, hear my prayers, my cries from the heart. The cries of a man in despair that hangs on to your word and voice, a man that is stripped from all that he once had and left with nothing but you alone.

Love ya, thanks.
-Amen-

No comments: