Thursday, June 7, 2007

Staying Strong

If next time you wish to complain about how difficult exams can be, try being there for the people that you love when you know that you can't do anything to help ease their pain.

My mom's sick. She's always been a lady of strength in the family. Despite the toughest problems and trials that may come our way, she has always been the one that stands up and takes the problem by the neck and by the horns, tackles them, and moves on. Now she's sick and she's lying on the bed getting rest. The burden of the home and the house now rests on me and my dad's shoulders. The worst part is not the house work - though it's frankly enough to kill a cow - the greatest pain is to see my mother in pain and not knowing how to ease it. That's a struggle. A big one.

My dad's busy in the farm. He is working on a 5 hectare plot of farm land where he's growing palm oils for his research project. I went down to the farm to help him out here and there. Guess what, I nearly killed all his palm oils in his farm. 5 hectares of palm oils killed over one afternoon. All because I sprinkled fertilizer into the shoots of the plants. And my dad had to go back to the farm and slog for an additional 7 hours just to make up for my mistake while I was watching movies with my friends. That's a big ouch.

My close friends are far away. Si Han's in YP, Erin's back in Kluang, Jim's back in BP, Allison and Caleb's in SA. I'm left without my best friends! I miss them, especially at times like this where I'm down and tired.

The toughest thing in life is not to get through tough time, but to stay tough and strong in the times where people depend on you. My parents depended on me at such times, and I let them down. Disappointing and to my dismay, I failed to be there for them.

Forgive me for whining here. I'm just venting out some tears in the form of steam. Nothing much left here, so just move on.

12 comments:

CiCak said...

Hey, i get that feeling all the time.

Just remember that sometimes, all they need is a shoulder to lean on, or a loved one nearby to remind them that there's still reason to keep living.

That's love: to be able to give up your own sense of control over the situation and trust in more capable hands. In this case, it's God's.

Cheers

HeartzOfGold said...

Thanks k. Reali appreciate tat..

you too! stay strong. =D

On eagle's wings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
On eagle's wings said...

hey,remember me??v USED 2 b best frens,hope v're stil the same..hehe..i'm stil here if u nid me..k??dun put 2 much burden on urself la..place it all 2 God..ok,mayb i'm not the best person hu can say tis,but i've said it..hope u'l b fine..no,let me rephrase tat,i KNOW u'l b fine..take care..luv u man..c u on sunday..plz convey my best wishes 2 ur mum,hope tat she gets well soon...i'l b praying 4 u all..muakx..

~ HöOVéRBélL a.k.a BéCKz ~ said...

hey boy! stay strong there ya! will be praying for u..... :) is ok to shout out your problems... we are all human, not robot... :) so is ok...

but remember to stay strong no matter how tough situation may be... :) rmb the song... "God will make a way, where there seems to be no way...." The sun is alwys there, today it might not shine, but tomorrow, it will...

stay strong ya... supporting u here!

HeartzOfGold said...

xing yao: thanks. yes, still best friends. some things don't change. *sadly* muahahaha

Becks: reali reali reali appreciate what you just said.. thanks for being so understanding!! i'm grateful to have you as guide and leader and someone to look up and learn from in church..

thanks dudes

Anonymous said...

hey there buddy... once in a while everyone goes trhough a really tough time. but like what everybody else has been saying.. keep strong k. lift your eyes to the hills, where does your help come from.
jus continue to be there for your family. you dont need to move mountains to prove your love for your family. its just being by their side that really makes the difference.
surrender unto God and wait on Him. evrything has its purpose. it will make you all the more stronger.
will surely be keeping you in prayer. hang in there k.
take care buddy

HeartzOfGold said...

thanks gal... reali reali reali appreciate all your support. hahahaha

Sihan said...

hi, long time no see... This is a meaningful one... You are in Ipoh? sigh... Btw,I'll go to KT tomorrow and will be around in KL next week. If you are in KL next week, contact me. God bless :p

HeartzOfGold said...

no prob sihan. will do tat. =P

Anonymous said...

hey, im kind of hurt my name is not in ur best friends' list

HeartzOfGold said...

sorry anonymous. but you're still my best friend whether or not u'r on the list. =P didn't do it on purpose.