Sunday, July 27, 2008

100th Post

When I first started this blog, it was only meant to help distract myself from the various frustrations of situations I faced back that time. Stressed, disturbed and hurting from what was happening, I saw the blog as a way to vent out my frustrations and run away temporarily from my struggles. And since small, my head has always been full of fantasies and ideas, of knights and soldiers, of lovers and parents, of children and teens, running around in the mazes of life, falling and tripping over stones along the way, and finally reaching their various destinations of success, victory, joy and laughter.

It's funny to look back at the first few stories I wrote. Looking back I realized that my writing has went through a momentous period of evolution. From the typical boy-girl love stories to a complicated series of Zanotopian army fightings, and finally coming to the one area ever so close to my heart: family.

Throughout these writings and over the last 2 years, there has only been 1 true theme and purpose of my little stories: Hope. Partly because it is the one thing I yearn and desire for constantly, but more importantly because that is the one reason why I enjoy writing and reading stories. My stories are never the best in the market or in the web, but within my limited vocabulary and with my shamefully confined narrative skills, I do my very best to use people, events, and little things along life's journey to bring out the best from the worst of situations. I promise you, I'm improving by the day, with the help of very meticulous parents that have been my best critiques and the support of close friends like Si Han and many others who help stimulate and encourage me to keep writing and keep growing.

To all who've read and encouraged me along the way, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is never easy to write a story, let along post it on a blog. Yes, I stumble and fall, but ultimately this blog is never about myself, it's about us. You and me, we're all the same after all. The same story, the same destination, maybe different paths here and there, but at the end of the day, we would finally meet at one common point after being separated at an earlier junction.

And how would I know that for sure? Coz' beyond the mere words in this blog, the true inspiration and source of these stories is the one Giver of my dreams, and the Great Storyteller, and believe it, He is the one that has prepared this journey for all of us.

Thank you so much for spending a couple of minutes of your life in this webpage. The following story, Lollipop Men, is my 100th story. It ain't short, but it is a carefully and very delicately written story, specially prepared for all of you. Do enjoy it, and have a very blessed week ahead.


cheers
Jo aka HeartzOfGold

7 comments:

Sihan said...

It's never easy to write a story. A story is not like an article. You can convince people to support Obama simply by presenting sounding facts.

But if you want to convince people with as story, you have to write the story right into their heart. You have to make sure your words can stir the emotion of people.

People nowadays are tense. Little do they realise that story actually does play a major role in their life. You laugh, when you watch a comedy. You cry, when you watch a romance movie. Those are all stories.

Stories are around us, everyday. But how many of us realise we actually do live with the stories?

Writer and novelist are obliged to bring the story back to the people. Share with them and make them realize they are living with the stories, the greatest stories ever told.

Jonathan Chu said...

You have improved greatly in your narration. Don't give up, but continue writing, for you'll never know how impactful each story is. =)

Rock on! =)

欣柔 said...

hehe... congrats wo.. 100th post.. my senior always very geng ^_^ just drop by to say no matter what happen i'm still ur little junior, will support my senior always, always... hope to see you soon ^_^

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a land of fantasies...
I enjoyed the stories.

Story-telling will most probably earn you extra points when it comes to bedside manner during your years as a doctor.So, who says it's not related with the profession. Everything is related...

Anonymous said...

Why so long no new postings?

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to contact administration?
By the way, anybody home?!