Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Light of my Night

Somethings will never change. Some words will always remain in my heart, for a long time, perhaps even forever.

My juniors, after a week's break, invited me out for a nice lunch and a chat after some ice skating.

I will never forget that moment when they spilled out everything. One by one, they told me the concealed words of their hearts, opening up their lock chambers in their minds, allowing me to, for once, take a peek into their thoughts. And as tears were welling not in my eyes but in my heart, I was moved, by their sincerity, their honesty, their attitude and their outlook.

For once, I felt accepted by people who didn't know much about me. No form of rejection or discrimination because of my outward appearance, no sense of isolation towards me because of my past or my background, but just pure acceptance by people who gave me an opportunity to be part of their lives.

The thing that I will always be grateful for, was the chance they gave me.

They gave me a chance not to teach, but to care. They gave me a chance not to lead, but to walk by their sides. They gave me a chance not to debate, but to discuss.

And I am full of gratitude.

A month ago, as I stood in front of this same screen, typing sentences after sentences of sadness and pain, I wondered what was my purpose of going through all that I went through, the worries and the anxiety that was on my mind, the problems I faced throughout the duration of training. The pessimism from friends, the discouraging peers that often hindered me from staying focused to my goals, yet I hang on to what I believe was a calling, because the calling themselves have never gave up on themselves.

I challenged God for a miracle. Show me some signs, show me that You're still there.

Today, this evening, I saw those miracles. Miracles are not in lightnings or in rainbows, miracles were and are always in people. Those around us. Those close to us. Those that put us in a special place in their hearts as we put them in ours. People. Miracles God place in our lives.

Now I know, that I have friends I can trust. Now I know, I have companions that will never betray me. Now I know, that there are 2 seniors I can depend on and a bunch of juniors that I can turn to when the going gets tough. That is the miracle that God has performed in my life. That burst of light in my night that never seems to end, that little rainbow after a long rain.

Thank you people, thank you Si Han and PC. Thank you for being that miracle to me.

And God, I'm sorry. I'll never ask for a miracle again.

3 comments:

CiCak said...

not gonna ask for another miracle? i don't think that was the point of His giving you the miracle in the first place...

you mentioned in a previous post on the 3 most significant words in human history. it means something to be able to say it to someone. but to be able to recieve those same words and believe them is something else entirely.

consider this: God loves you. sound familiar? now, repeat those same words to yourself, applying every definition of love you described in that post. a little harder to believe, isn't it?

God did not grant you a miracle so that you would stop asking. He is more than willing to bless you beyond imagination.

not convinced? consider this instead: the moment you stop asking God for miracles is the moment you start to rely on yourself.

don't stop asking. each time you choose to abandon pride and ask for a miracle, is one step closer to Him.

cheers, dude. you're not alone.

Anonymous said...

dear beloved si fu:

maybe u have heard this lots of time from me, but i stil wanna to say thank u specially for u.

*thanks for not giving up on us, thanks for your unconditional effort that u have poured on us, thanks for all your words of wisdom that build up our inner strength, thanks for your sincere care for all these days, thanks for drawing us nearer to our greatest Father...

i really feel thankful and grateful to God for bringing me the seniors and my friends to my life in INTEC... this sense of acceptance and belonging is something that i really appreciate and yearn for since i fly all the way across the South China Sea to come to INTEC here.. having a 'family' here is a great consolation and support for me..

although it were just a short 4 weeks, with perserverance of not giving up, determination to strive for improvement and united hearts, we face all the difficult time side-by-side... together, we drag through our tough tranining; together, we mock on each other and laugh; together, we spend numerous memorable outings; these valuable experiences have carved deep into my heart.. the warm and touching that flow in my heart will remain flawless im my memory... the most precious thing that i gain from this experience is nothing than the sincerity among we comrades...

life is not just about study or achieving your goal, but more than that.. this is something i find out, understand and experience from the days that i spend with you guys. ^-^

ending my comment with my sincere regards: hope you can enjoy your life with blessing from God.

best wishes,
your junior who respected you so much, amanda

Anonymous said...

i really happy tat u found sincere frens, something tat u really want. am i right? im really happy tat u din stop blogging too...missing u alwayz