Monday, August 6, 2007

What You Have Done

You reminded me
How it felt like to be hated, to be rejected
To not be given a chnce and not be alowed to explain

You showed me
That again I was the moron, the jerk
The one that people will always hate and despise

You made me see
The failure of my self and being
How insensitive I can be and how unobserving I can be

You brought me back
To the memories of my past and the hauntings of my before
How it was like to be stepped on, how it was like to be condemned
How it was like to be alone

And yet,

You proved to me
That no matter how bad things may have turned out
How bad I have failed or wronged a person,
There can always be a second chance.

Maybe that wasn't the second chance
Maybe it wasn't even a third, a fourth

Who knows?

But I know,
that deep beneath the mask that you wear
beyond the face that only smiles and frowns
long after the door has been closed and the curtains are drawn

there is still, and after all,
a hope that makes you wait
for something to change
something beautiful to happen

I'm sorry. I still am sorry.

3 comments:

JuDy said...

lovely.excellent. =)

Anonymous said...

it's lovely when u r not the person

HeartzOfGold said...

yup, it wasn't me. surely oki.