Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Greatest Birthday Present

When I saw a little birthday cake after cell group last Thursday night, I suddenly felt so warm inside. It was nothing fancy honestly. A small slice of cream cake with thick chocolate icing and a lighted candle.

What made me felt so warm was the 22 other guys around the table, singing the happy birthday song that really made that difference.

My whole life, how many people have remembered my birthday?

Perhaps, how many people have remembered me?

And the night before, Si Han shocked me to the bones by inviting a few classmates and Erin to celebrate my birthday in advance in Secret Recipe.

One birthday, and I realised that people do remember. Maybe a few have forgotten me, that's natural. But not everyone forgets me.

My mom once told me, it takes the simplest actions to show people that you have the greatest and best intentions or thoughts for them. I never understood that, until that one birthday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to know it's the thought that counts.. watch out for an exciting year ahead man!

Sihan said...

See, i told you nobody will forget your birthday.Hope you enjoy Secret Recipe's food. Happy Very Belated Birthday.

Henry Yew said...

Don't forget that I remembered your birthday too! You did receive my message, didn't you?