Friday, January 19, 2007

Never Easy Being Me

I try my best to be the best that I can be,
not knowing what the best other people expect of me.

I give my all in everything that I do,
not knowing what the expectations are and the standards lie.

I work to be what I should be,
in reality what should I really be?

I am happy to be myself
but can everyone accept me for who I really am?

I strive for excellence and distinction
but who will stand by my side and see me through it?

I hate to struggle
but I have to

How many roads more to walk?
How many battles to fight?
How much more work to day?
How many more days to go?

The battle's a lonely one
The road's a long one
The journey's a tiring one
The day's dark one

But in all doubt and pain
in all tears and sadness

I've learned - the hard way -
to always
and at all times
put your heart and your hope in the Lord
and trust in all His ways
that he knows what you need and not what you want

When love hurts too much, it's time to let go
because letting go is the beginning to healing and restoration
and the start of a new journey

Who of you, have seen my tears?
none.

But God has.

Who of you, have let your tears fall in front of others?
I'll never know

But God knows.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

All that we've been thro' God used it for His Glory. Recognising that God THRULY LOves us gives us the assurance that he felt every tear drop shed, every ache we suffered and every hurt we endured, trusting in His WISDOM we know He will not only see us thro our dark days, He will make us triumphant over our struggles.